|Crunchies! (Yup, I'm no food stylist.)|
2 cups oats
1 cup cake flour
1 cup coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (or 250g)
1 Tbs syrup or honey
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, cake flour and coconut.
3. In a small pot on the stove, melt together the brown sugar, butter and syrup/honey.
4. When the butter mixture comes to the boil, quickly stir in the bicarb and remove from heat.
5. Add the butter mixture to the oats mixture, and mix well.
6. Lick the spoon, and don’t tell anyone!
7. Press crunchie mixture into a 20cm x 30cm that’s been lined with wax baking paper.
8. Bake for 180 for 15 minutes, then 160 for another 15 mins until a dark golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing into squares.
PS: For the adventurous, add a handful of dried cranberries in step 2.